+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blinking objects

Blinking objects

Is there a way to make objects blink in GSP5?

Yes, there are probably a number of ways to do this. A sketch that has some very beautiful blinking lights is: http://sketchexchange.keypress.com/s...derland-lights

I made a much simpler blinking circle by coloring the interior of the circle parametrically and then animating the parameter over a restricted domain. If I use the parameter as is, the circle "blinks" from orange to pink. However, I also created a calculation of 1/(parameter). When I use that calculation to color the second circle parametrically, then it "blinks" from orange to [no color], which might be more what you have in mind.

This is the first solution that came to mind for me, but I'd love to see other ideas!

Happy sketching,

Sketchpad Developer
    Another thing worth mentioning: In Sketchpad 5, when an object is referred to in a caption via 'Hot Text,' the object in the sketch will blink. To create a Hot Text caption, simply create a caption with the text tool and while editing, click on an object to add a reference to it.

This may be of use to you.

Hi Aaron,

There's one more technique, illustrated on page 2 of the attached sketch: BlinkingCircle2.gsp. (Page 1 is Elizabeth's excellent solution, as she posted it earlier in this thread.) This technique uses the Existence Tools to make a copy of the circle that depends on a parameter value. When the original circle is hidden and the parameter is animated between 0 and 1, the copy of the circle appears and disappears.

The Existence Tools are available here on Sketch Exchange: http://sketchexchange.keypress.com/s...and-text-tools

I hope this is useful.
    Last edited by Scott; 01-09-2013 at 11:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread