+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sketch Exchange Suggestions

Sketch Exchange Suggestions

This is your community forum, so we welcome suggestions for improvements. You can post suggestions and questions here or email sketchexchange@keypress.com.

I am so excited about Sketch Exchange! To be able to interact with other users and learn more about GSP is very exciting! And also to see what activities others are using/creating! One thing I haven't discovered: Is there a way to "mark favorites" for threads? This would be very useful! (I've already found a thread I'd love to mark for future reference!)
    Thank you so much for this new and valuable resource!

It's great to have you on the site! You can subscribe to a thread by choosing Subscribe to this Thread on the Thread Tools pull-down menu above. Happy Sketching!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth, I did figure out how to subscribe, but subscribing sends emails. It would be nice to mark useful threads as "favorites" if it is a piece of information that you know you will want to refer back to. (Other sites have an option of "Favorites" as well as subscribing.)
    Amber M. Smith
    Secondary Math Curriculum Technology Coach
    Cypress-Fairbanks ISD
    http://tinyurl.com/AmberSmithcfisd

Hi! I've already started a new thread on this topic, but I figured I'd ask anyway: Do you know how to perform in GSP5 with non-euclidean geometry? I'm mainly interested in Hyperbolic and Spherical/Elliptical. Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Courtney

Quote Originally Posted by ams20518 View Post
    Elizabeth, I did figure out how to subscribe, but subscribing sends emails. It would be nice to mark useful threads as "favorites" if it is a piece of information that you know you will want to refer back to. (Other sites have an option of "Favorites" as well as subscribing.)
    Ah, I see what you mean. I don't think we have this capability right now, but I will dig a bit deeper to see if it's something we can implement or if there's another option that might meet your needs.

I'm excited. This site really has potential. Two suggestions:

1. Allow users to edit their comments.

2. Allow an "expanded" description for files that get uploaded. The limited space currently available forces concise descriptions, which is always needed. However, a space that allows us to provide more detail would be nice. For example, I wish Vasicek had space for a table of contents to his beautiful visual proofs so that I could see (before downloading the sketch) what it contained. On the file I uploaded, I wanted more space myself.
    Last edited by teacherdraper; 11-18-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Also, when I uploaded a file, I noticed that I could specify whether it was a presentation sketch, a student sketch, notes, etc. Is there currently a way to filter based on that specification?

On each sketch's page, it tells us which user posted the material, but it would be nice to have a link to their member page.

Also, is there a way to see from someone's member page to see what sketches they have uploaded?

Sorry to be posting so much on this today. As mentioned before, I really like this site.

Teacherdraper,

No need for apologies, these are all great ideas! There isn't a way to sort posts by member right now, but it is definitely on my list of future upgrades. One workaround right now is to ask your favorite posters to put their username in as a tag (I know, kinda silly, but it would work for now).
    I'm glad to hear you like the site, because we will let it simmer in its current form for a bit and see which requested changes bubble up to the top. But please, keep your ideas coming, that is the point of this thread!

Elizabeth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast