+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Math Symbols

Math Symbols

How can I write other math symbols than the set in Text Toolbar?

For example, if I want to write Set Theory Symbols or Logic Symbols.

Thanks

Emil

Hi Emil,

If you want to branch out beyond the symbols in the Text Toolbar, then you may want to use Unicode. Choose Reference Center from the Sketchpad Help menu and Search for Unicode. There's a lot of information there! Hope you can find what you need.

Elizabeth

Sketchpad Developer
    Emil, Elizabeth,

I've just uploaded a sketch that contains a number of useful Unicode symbols, including set and logic symbols, upper- and lower-case Greek letters, subscripts and superscripts, and quite a number of others. If you keep this sketch handy, you can copy characters from it and paste them into other sketches (or even into word processing or other documents). You may find this more convenient than using the Unicode utility built into your computer's operating system.

An interesting use of these, by the way, is that you can paste them into labels of objects, names of action buttons, and other places where the layout capabilities and special characters of the Text Palette are not available.

The sketch is here: http://sketchexchange.keypress.com/s...nicode-symbols

If you see any important omissions, let me know what other characters you'd like to see here, and I will add them.

--Scott

Thank you Elizabeth and thank you Scott.

I made as you did, Scott.
    Using the font Lucida Sans Unicode.

But I'm asking myself if there is a way to create a button into text toolbar with these symbol or to add more symbol into the symbols button that is in Text toolbar.

Emil

Sketchpad Developer
    Emil, there's no way for the user to make any changes in the Text Palette.

--Scott

+ Reply to Thread