+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anchoring drawing to grid

Hybrid View

Anchoring drawing to grid

When I rescale the grid, my drawing does not move with it therefore making the coordinate points of my drawing incorrect. I need to know how to anchor my drawing to the grid so that when I move or rescale, the drawing stays with the grid.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, instead of placing points with the point tool, you can "plot" anchoring points under the graph menu. If this does not work for what you are trying to accomplish, there is another approach.

One way to have your drawing "anchored" to the grid is by making use of dilation. Measure the distance between the origin and the point that rescales the grid. Divide this measurement by 1cm to obtain a ratio. Dilate the original drawing by this ratio, centered at the origin. The original drawing should be hidden, but the transformed image will adjust according to the scale. Please see the attached sketch.
    Attached Files

you can "plot" anchoring points under the graph menu. If this does not work for what you are trying to accomplish, there is another approach.

One way to have your drawing "anchored" to the grid is by making use of dilation. Measure the distance between the origin and the point that rescales the grid. Divide this measurement by 1cm to obtain a ratio. Dilate the original drawing by this ratio, centered at the origin. The original drawing should be hidden, but the transformed image will adjust according to the scale.
    hanifkhan

+ Reply to Thread