+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exchange Key

Exchange Key

After you create an Exchange Key, you will be able to access the sketches in your My Favorites collection directly from Sketchpad. (This feature is only available with Sketchpad version 5.05, a free upgrade for Sketchpad 5 users. From Sketchpad, choose Help | Check for Updates to upgrade.)

In the Library, click on the heart icon to add activities to your My Favorites collection.

In the My Favorites tab, create a personal Exchange Key. The Exchange Key must be between 6 and 32 characters and cannot begin or end with a space. Certain special characters are excluded from the first character (#, *, or !).

To access your My Favorites sketches from Sketchpad, choose File | Sketchpad Sketch Exchange from Sketchpad version 5.05.

In the dialog box that appears, enter your Exchange Key. (You can copy and paste from Sketch Exchange if you like.)

Choose from the list of sketches that appear, and the sketch will open in a new Sketchpad window.

Sketchpad Developer
    Per above, if you have GSP 5.05, the File | Sketchpad Sketch Exchange menu command gives you an easy way to type in your favorite Exchange Key and access its documents. It turns out you can also create a Link action button in any Sketchpad document that links to an Exchange Key's set of documents, and this works in any version of GSP 5.

Choose Edit | Action Button | Link, and set the link button the following URL:
    rdb://sketchexchange.keypress.com/exchangekey/xxx
    but substitute your actual Exchange Key for "xxx".

After that, pressing the new link button takes you directly to the list of your favorite SketchExchange documents.

Sketchpad Developer
    You can also configure Sketchpad Explorer for iPad so that your favorites appear from the button
    within Sketchpad Explorer. This allows you to use Sketch Exchange as sort of a cloud storage for sketches you'd like to use on your iPad.

Note: You don't need any configuration to just open a single sketch from Sketch Exchange; You can always follow the link that opens Sketch Exchange in Safari and click on the sketches from there. This is just a convenient way to get quick access to all of your Favorites without leaving Sketchpad Explorer.

Here's instructions for getting your favorites easily accessible in your Library:
    • Go to Settings on your iPad, and click on SketchExplorer
    • Edit the url in RDB URL to rdb://sketchexchange.keypress.com/exchangekey/xxx where xxx equals your exchange key.

Be careful about the iPad's autocorrect when typing into this field. Also, note you can't enter spaces in this screen, so it's best to avoid them in your exchange key. Now, your favorites should appear under the 'Networked Documents' section of the Library.

Nice Post...Thanks for the info
    Erika

+ Reply to Thread