+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I make angles that are not even multiples of 360 such as 60, 30 and exact leng

How do I make angles that are not even multiples of 360 such as 60, 30 and exact leng

How do I make an angle that is π3 or π6, for example? Bisect is an option but trisect is not.

Also, is there a way to type in the measurement one wants, such as to make a special triangle, and just write up a design so that angles are exactly 30 60 90 and the lengths are exactly 1, √3 and 2? Thanks.

Sketchpad Developer

How do I make angles or segments of fixed measure?

Hi Rob,

To accomplish either of these tasks, I recommend that you open the Sketchpad Reference Center (using Help | Reference Center) and in the navigation panel on the left choose Search.

In the search box, enter either "fixed angle" or "fixed length," and click the Search button. Your first hit will lead you to step by step directions for how to do the construction.

Happy sketching,
    --Scott

Sketchpad Developer
    For people who aren't using Sketchpad version 5 (GSP5), the Reference Center that Scott mentions is also available online:

http://referencecenter.dynamicgeomet...ter/index.html

The techniques for fixed angles and fixed lengths described there should be the same in GSP4.

thanks very much Nick! I used this and it worked

+ Reply to Thread